A lot of useful information, guides and faq can be found in Tasmota repo wiki. Here just a quick notes with links and possible issues I faced with when first trying to flash Tasmota on my Sonoff device.
Need to be a standalone portable version because some components of installed libraries should be replaced with files from Tasmota firmware:
- Download a Windows ZIP file for non admin install here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Unzip it to some folder, but make sure that there is no non-latin characters in a full path to Arduino IDE folder. This is important for Windows 10 installation.
- Create a portable folder inside Arduini IDE folder. The sketchbook will be created there and all libraries will be installed there as well.
- Now follow the other steps from official guide. But!
- Install ESP8266 Board libraries version 2.3.0 only! All newest versions (incl. 2.4.1) has huge WiFi issues that will make your Sonoff web UI nonfunctional as well as your router lagging.
An example of sonoff-tasmota mqtt switch configuration:
switch: – platform: mqtt name: "Sonoff power" state_topic: "stat/sonoff/POWER" command_topic: "cmnd/sonoff/POWER" availability_topic: "tele/sonoff/LWT" qos: 1 payload_on: "ON" payload_off: "OFF" payload_available: "Online" payload_not_available: "Offline" retain: false